Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Big Two Six...

started Sunday. Officially I have traversed into the second quarter century of my life. And honestly it couldn't make me happier. Sure, the first 25 were great don't get me wrong but, man, the possibilities in the next 25 are literally limitless.

I celebrated my birthday a day early this year since I had to work on the actual day. Now the football sucked (Auburn lost, UT lost, and UAT won - can it get worse? I submit that it cannot) but the company was amazing. Two couples we haven't gotten to see in far too long came in to town and we had a great day together eating junk food and amazing homemade camp stew care of chef J.

It just goes to show that good company can save a bad day. Hopefully AU can pull out a good season but as long as I got this group it really doesn't matter. Especially if this little lady comes back...Hopefully the next quarter century will see more amazing changes in my life and more growth in God and family than I can imagine at this point. Cheers to 85 more years.

The Rick and Bubba Code - (0.5 out of 5) I bought the book to get it signed and I really should have stopped there. I enjoy the morning show but the book.. ehh.

The Dante Club - Matthew Pearl (4 out of 5) Very Da Vinci Codesque. Set in 1865 around the first translation of Dante's Inferno by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow from Italian into English. Someone is killing people like the judgements in Dante's Hell and the poets that make up the Dante Club are the only ones who can help.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

    Cheers to your next years of fun. Thanks for being such a gracious host last weekend (and for having a huge mother lovin' TV). Next time we need to mix in a little more video gaming and little less SLEEPING!!

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Jason said...

    Happy 25th Birthday !! Enjoyed the other day....Cannot remember when I last watched that many ballgames in one day
    Peace

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home