Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Calm After the Storm...

is so so sweet. I have spent the last twenty days in a state of perpetual work. Starting on February 28th I worked straight to Easter without a day off and without a day shorter than 12 hours. But enough about that I learned a whole hell of a lot during the outage and I'm glad I had as much responsibility as I did.

Having people that you have fun with and care about to spend time with is always something that I love. Having an awesome group of friends in Auburn, the Lost watching crowd (which is not to say we don't do other things, you know who you are), work friends, Bible study couples and my other nerdy friends that don't fall into those categories but I spend countless hours playing in the online world with are a blessing to me. You all rock my face off.

Is it just me or have the good shows just gotten better this second half of the television season. The Office and Lost seem to get better and better every week and the Black Donnellys has done nothing but surprise me with how good it is and no offense to my wife since she enjoys reality TV, I really think scripted television is taking back over. I feel like American Idol, Bachelor, etc. are on the way down and I struggle to keep from smiling when I say this but thank goodness. Ever since Friends went off the air I have worried about the state of television but I know that I laugh just as hard if not much harder at the office than I did at Friends and this is my all time favorite.

I thought maybe I would end each BLOG from now on with a recommendation list of books and movies I have read/watched since my last entry. Take it how you want I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Movies
Don't Watch - Eragon - Annoyingly childish and dumbed down from the high quality book it came from.
Watch - Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith fan or not this story is outstanding and he plays the role perfectly.
Watch(dudes)/Don't Watch(ladies) - Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj - no explanation needed except one big private parts/fart joke.
Even - Children of Men - heavy movie about post apacolyptic earth with no kids, neat movie, lots of death.

Books
Count of Monte Cristo - 5 out of 5 - much better than the movie so if you liked it you will love the book.
Next(Micheal Chricton) - 2.5 out of 5 - trying to hard, somewhat hard to follow, definately not his best book as he tries to tackle genetic engineering.
Stiff: The curious life of human cadavers - 5.5 out of 5 - Full of cool stories and a history of willed body to science stuff. Cool as hell.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home