Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays...

is one of the best lines from "Office Space" and it is a phrase that negatively describes one of the best days of the week for me. As the weekend comes to an end it's hard to be excited about going back to work, unless you have a bible study like ours afterwards. Laura and I have been in an amazing group of couples for, wow, about eight months now and it has been awesome. This summer has been one big fun group date after another and in a week we will be back to the Bible studies. Which will be great but this summer has been filled with Biscuits baseball, bowling and lots of game playing and dinners. I have felt so at home in Montgomery with the combination of the bible study group and the Milkys, that we have something to do or somewhere to go most nights is such a blessing. No offense to Prattville but this is where we were supposed to be. Several books have been finished since the last post. Harry threw them all off and I kinda finished all three around the same time.

Catch - 22 (3.5 out of 5) Good read and a wonderfully satirical look at the armed forces and war in general. The book is actually the origin of the phrase.

Magical Thinking - Augusten Burroughs (3.5 out of 5) Another followup to Running With Scissors. More stories of his life this is post-first book and he is pretty interesting especially his life after getting off drugs/alcohol.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - (6 out 5) Solid ending to a great story. The ending was better than expected and even if I tried I couldn't spoil anything since I am probably the last Potterite to finish it.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Laura Mielke said...

    looking forward to hanging out at Mike and SBs wedding!

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Jason said...

    I was just sitting here thinking about watching an Auburn football game on that WONDERFULLY LARGE TV that you have ........Ahhhhh
    Two weeks !!!! How bout that for inviting myself to your house !

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

    Sounds like someone needs to update their blog!!

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Blogger jackie said...

    Glad to see you FINALLY finished harry potter! Now we'll have even more to talk about the next time we visit!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home