Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Monday, September 10, 2007

War Damn Eagle...

for better or worse, in winning and in losing, in overtime and in regulation I will always love my team. Hopefully USF will turn out to be as good as Auburn made them look this weekend so we can save some face from that heartbreaking loss. It didn't help that the A/C in our house went out this weekend and my wife had to work most of the day Sunday either. For my last weekend before the big mill outage lets just say it could have been better. Luckily I got to spend Saturday with a good friend of mine watching football while our wives shopped. I haven't blogged in a while so this shouldn't be short but it is late (and hot since they weren't able to fix the A/C today) I will do better updating more frequently especially since so many people have commented on my lack of posting. Thanks for your loyal readership you will not be disappointed, I am going to attempt a once of week post and since I have said it has now become e-law.

A Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson (5 out of 5) Definitely a book for outdoorsy folks to enjoy but everyone that has ever tried to do something they were entirely unprepared for can enjoy this well written book. Two guys that are in moderately good shape decide they are gonna thru hike the whole Appalachian Trial. That's 2,200 miles from Georgia to Maine for anyone not familiar with hiking that's about 3 months straight of walking if you are in good shape. Lots of good flora and fauna facts as well about our Eastern US forests as well as the origin of the trial.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger luke said...

    ah, my dad read that book. he absolutely loved it. i need to pick it up someday.

    i hear you're a fellow Metroid Prime 3 player. do you think its as kickass as i do?

    and you need to pick up a bag of our Anniversary Blend. its an amazing coffee, made with aged beans. try it with our new Chocolate Cinnamon loaf. its innnnncredible.

     
  • At 10:20 AM , Blogger Jason said...

    A Walk In the Woods is one of my favorite books ...I read it a few years ago and every now and then will pick it up and reread certain parts.....Bill Bryson is great!!
    If you want to read any of his other stuff ...let me know !

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home