Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I do love a challenge,

No matter how trivial. I have endeavored to enjoy this bowl season to the utmost. I finished the bowl season a happy man for several reasons:

  • Watched 30 of 30 watchable bowls (see previous posts for rules).
  • SEC went 6-3 this bowl season including a national championship. GO SEC!!
  • Auburn beat Nebraska. WAR EAGLE!!
  • I managed to keep a happy wife while gorging myself on football.

At least I hope I did the last one :). Well now it's back to the real world where you don't get "official reviews" and there aren't 80,000 people cheering or booing your every move. Where more important decisions have to be made than which game to put on the main TV and which one to put on the secondary TV being fed by the splitter.

My wife and I are church hunting.

We have come to enjoy the company of a group of young marrieds that we Bible study with and through them we have found a Presbyterian church that we really like. I being the engineer that I am wanted to do some research into the differences between Presbyterian and Baptist as well as Methodist having grown up Methodist but attended a Baptist church in college. What I have found so far is not cut and dry. Seeing the differences in the different branches of Presbyterianism also got me looking into Methodism and Baptism(the denomination) and I see tangle of people who are still searching for a good way to worship and serve God to this day. I personally love a preacher that challenges me every Sunday morning and that is what I have followed since a wonderful man, WG Henry, forever "ruined" me.

Whether it's a good or bad thing, I refuse to accept boring sermons. Our Sunday at the Presbyterian church was enlightening and I liked the pastors sermon, I am also starting to read the Westminster Confession of Faith. It was given to me by our Bible study leader to help me understand the differences in Presbyterianism. I love to learn and especially I love to learn about God so this should be quite an interesting experience for my wife and I. Keep us in your prays.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

- Mother Teresa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home