Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Monday, October 23, 2006

The End

Well technically that is not normally the way to begin anything but I title this Blog "The End" at the beginning since I usually quote at the end not say "The End" at the end. I know that was a little confusing but I just wanted to pass on a little insight from a phenomenal little book I just read. "The End" is the end of The Series of Unfortunate Events Triskaidecology (13 books bet you didn't know that's what it was called just a side note a 13 sided polygon is a triskaidecagon).
In this book he talks about how we as people react to good and bad situations, and it really got me thinking. He points out that when we eat say a strawberry milkshake for the first time we are over come with this combination of milk and strawberry ice cream and just can't get enough. But does that feeling get better with every milkshake or does it slowly degrade over time? On the flipside what about a bad situation, say having something stolen. It doesn't become a run of the mill everyday event. In fact we tend to get more excited, angry and frustrated with every occurrence. This to me is one reason we stray so far from God. He gives us good things and good things and we just accept them and move on like it's what's supposed to happen but everytime something bad happens its a monumental let down from the Big Guy. I felt this especially this weekend while trudging down I-85 after my car broke down. I felt myself led to prayer over my predicament and realized I had rarely stopped and thanked God the 173 other times I had driven to and from Auburn without incident. I am not trying to read to much into Mr. Snicket's story but the idea he puts forward is a good one. We need to celebrate the times when things go right, ALWAYS.

"Eet mor chiken"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home