Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weird Beer Night the Second...

got a little weirder and a lot more awesome! This time around we had several more attendees, increased from five tasters to nine, and our "competition" beers increased from eight to twelve. My lovely wife made taco soup and we commenced with a viewing of "The Hangover" while our participants started tasting. We had one repeat from the first week, our winner Fat Tire. It again rated very high which showed how good it really was, scroll down for the post to see what we had for our first weird beer night as well as the final rankings.

We had quite a range of beers including our worst rated one so far. We have a rating system a one being the worst and a five being the best. Our lowest beer this time got a 1.9 ouch. And the host brought it, I went out on a limb and the limb turned out to be very untasty. Here is the line-up and rankings from our latest weird beer night.
  1. Delirium Noel from Huyghe Brewery in Melle, Belgium
  2. Chimay Blue from Monks from the Abbey of Notre-Dame de Scourmont (my kind of monks)
  3. Shock top from Michelob
  4. Honey Cream Ale from the home brew of Nick M. one of our tasters, kudos sir!
  5. Hibernation Ale from Great Divide Brewing
  6. Oatmeal Porter from Highland's Brewing Company
  7. 2o Below Ale from New Belgium Brewing Company (seasonal from Fat Tire brewer)
  8. Boddingtons Pub Ale from Strangeways Brewery (Manchester, England)
  9. Pete's Wicked Ale from Pete's Wicked Brewery
  10. Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout from Sam Smith's Brewery (North Yorkshire, England)
  11. Old Brown Dog Ale from Smuttynose Brewing Company
  12. Java Stout from Bell's Brewery
We had a great night and I think everyone tried a few beers they never would have otherwise. We will have another one soon so keep your tastebuds ready.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home