Coffee keeps me alive

I love my wife, books, video games, movies, friends and coffee. Either your with me or against me but at least come by my house, drink some coffee with me, and we can talk about it.

Monday, December 21, 2009

On A Cold Day in December... 

my father and I made a drive to Nashville. But I need to start at the beginning. I rarely have a weekend off (about once a month) and so we took the opportunity to travel to my parents house and have Christmas a little early since I have to work on the actual holiday. I got a random text Friday night, "Dad got 2 free tickets to Titans/Dolphins game Sunday, Noon. Would you want to go?". I was like what, sure, maybe I'm dreaming, free tickets to one of the most exciting matchups of the weekend. I wasn't. After an awesome pre-Christmas Christmas day where we watched "Elf" and "Christmas Vacation" in an amazing holiday double feature, opened presents and had a big family dinner, we headed up the road to Nashville. The pops and and I swooped into the 37o stadium fully layered and ready for some football. With both teams facing elimination from the playoffs with a loss this game had a lot riding on it. We were treated to an awesome game worthy of it's importance...




The Titans were winning 24-6 with 5:40 left in the 3rd quarter and it was looking like they were going to pound the Dolphins when they did what they have done all season and slogged back into the game. Helped in big part to an absolutely improbable catch (it's about 3:06 in the highlight reel) where the ball is almost intercepted then knocked away then caught for a long first down. The temp dropped to a lovely 35 about mid game before the wind finally let up and the sun came out right before overtime started. That's right OT, it was my first NFL overtime and I have to say that I LOVE college footballs overtime setup and have been a frequent nay-sayer of the NFL overtime but man it's crazy watching it. The Titans intercepted a Chad Henne pass on the first drive and kicked a game winning 47 yard field goal... WOW!

Titans won and we headed home. We left the house at 9:15am, walked into the stadium 30 seconds before kickoff and were back in Hartselle right at 6pm. An awesome day with my kick A dad.

Also I joined the twittering phenomenon this weekend, I have yet to tweet but I am following several folks to get the feel. Look me up - JohnMcFeeIII. Follow me and I will follow you or whatever the kids call it these days. Actaully I am going to announce this blog post on Twitter by tweeting a tweet about this bweet or bleet or tweelog.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home